Introducing - the journey

On May 10, 2012, I began to live my life in a way that required God to be real and active. If He wasn't, the trip across the country that I began that afternoon was going to be completely idiotic and worthless. The directions I had were to drive to Los Angeles and pray. I would then see what God was going to do. Along the way I would receive more instructions.

One of the routes to LA from southern Indiana led through Denver Colorado where I wanted to stop and visit a church that I had been following since its inception. This was a place where I knew people saw God work on a regular basis. I had been inspired last time I visited and wanted to stop there again before I reached my destination.

The places I have stopped along the way have been filled with people who blessed, encouraged and counseled me in this quest. As one of the girls who prayed for me an Kansas City, MO said, "you are on an exciting journey, no matter where your destination, you are going to learn something about God."

It wasn't until 500 miles later that I realized the true significance of her words. God had brought me on this journey to teach me something about Him. My objective was not one of accomplishing something for God any longer, but of coming to know Him in a new way as I followed Him in faith to wherever He would lead.

This blog was created to showcase the thoughts I have had along the way so far and to demonstrate what God can do when a person is willing to trust him completely. A week after I left on the trip, I am just east of the Rocky Mountains in Colorado Springs waiting to know which direction to go next. However, I continue to live one day at a time with God as my focus and my destination unknown.

To make it easier to read, I am posting the details of this trip, the adventures, the thoughts and the changes that I go through in the tab 'The Journey.'

No comments:

Post a Comment